Wednesday, April 5, 2017

The Extinction of the Home Party

I can't remember the last time I did a home party. I have been with thirty-one for 4 years and I remember my first year of business (of course always the most successful). I would have several parties a month! Well now with facebook, text and online ordering (without a party) home parties are becoming extinct.


Most Direct Sales reps know that home parties are where the sales are, but my experience has been that nobody wants people in their homes anymore! I can't be the only one who thinks this??

So over the years (and some of you can probably add to the list) here are some reasons why people don't like to do home parties anymore...
  1. "I don't want my friends, family etc feeling obligated to buy something."
  2.  "I don't think anyone will come."
  3.  "My house is a mess (not big enough etc.)"
  4.  "It's to much work (To have a home party)"
  5.  " I don't want people in my house"
If you are a someone wanting to host a direct sales party the home party is where it's at. People want to see, touch, smell etc the product. Shopping from a catalog or a website is hard and impersonal.  The whole idea of you wanting a party in the first place is to EARN FREE ITEMS! Well it's a fact that more people will spend more money, and buy more at a home party!

If you are a consultant home parties are where you will make your sales, which turns into commission, and you have a better opportunity for more bookings AND possibly build your team!

Even doing one home party a month would benefit your business greatly!  So how can YOU get your hostess to have a home party????
  1. Offer YOUR house. Yes you heard me YOUR house. If she thinks her house is to small offer to have the party at your house.
  2. Suggest a restaurant. Ok so this is technically not a "home" party but it's the idea that the hostesses friends/family still can come and see, touch, smell the product!
  3. BE HONEST. Tell them the advantages of having a home party (Selling more product, earning more free stuff etc).
  4. Make it EASY for them. Tell them all she needs to do is open up her doors, put out some drinks and invite her friends/family and YOU will do the rest!
Any other tips you can add??



No comments:

Post a Comment